Saturday, May 24, 2014

Quilled butterflies.

                          

    I recently received a request for two butterflies a Monarch and a Blue Morpho.  This is my first attempt at quilling a Blue Morpho butterfly.  I hope I  have done justice translating the image into quilling. The most difficult part was finding the right blue shade quilling strips. After many trials with different shades of blue I settled for this one. The strips had a beautiful sheen when rolled which I could not capture with my camera.


    I made another Monarch ,a detailed one . It took me many hours to make all the tiny tight coils . I made the whole butterfly with a very fine needle tool. Looks like my page is filled with butterflies and peacocks.


Thanks for stopping by , Have  a great day.

26 comments:

Eliza Art said...

Beautiful colorful butterflies, I send greetings

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful!

Baukje said...

I love all your work GORGEOUS beautiful colors!

Angel said...

Stunning Beauty !!!

SD pooja said...

FABULOUS !!

Artes de Nágela said...

Gorgeous!
I loved them all!
Have a nice weekend!

Ann Martin said...

Beautifully detailed!

Paper Zen said...

Exquisitely detailed Suganthi!

Unknown said...

Oh, boy! They are perfect...

Aliselle said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!.... Quelles merveilles!!!!!!

monny2 said...

Absolutely stunning!!

ecstaticoverpaper.blogspot.com said...

It's gorgeous, Suganthi. Love the details.

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

LOVE it really!!

Mini_malna said...

beautiful, wonderful, awesome !

Radhika said...

Gorgeous ..!

Unknown said...

Amazing...... really like your quilling designs. Hats off!!!

cridiana said...

They are just amazing! From the distance, they look so real!

Te4eto said...

Just perfect!

Nati said...

Beautiful!!!

Sathya said...

Such lovely detailing...Always neatness personified!!!

No wonder ur page is filled with such beautiful butterflies, peacocks...and not to leave those pretty flowers too :)

Nidhi Jain said...

Wow! Beautiful..

Unknown said...

WOW!looks great!

Unknown said...

So nice

Kalpana said...

its just mind blowing....master piece......jusssss luvvvv it......

Anca said...

How can I buy a Monarch butterfly from you? Thank you!

SUGANTHI said...

Please mail me at Quillingdreams@gmail.com for placing an order. Thank you.