Monday, October 13, 2014

Quilled teddy bear card.


           Recently a mother of a young girl wrote to me for a card. She has planned to gift her daughter with a  starter quilling kit for her eleventh birthday and she wished to gift her a card from me as well for inspiration. I loved the thought behind it and was in turn inspired to do something special.  I decided to make this fringed teddy bear which at first created by Manuela Koosch ( I can only dream of making one like hers) was then tried by many talented quillers and then I have seen Neli use them in her cards. I fringed 5mm quilling paper of two shades of pink to make this teddy bear. It is not three dimensional ,since I was going to use it on a card I thought it unnecessary. I found out fringing 5 mm paper actually turns out better than wider strips. I have never thought much of my fringing capabilities and have avoided fringing as much as I can,but this experiment has changed that , I am looking forward to perfecting my fringing. I spent an entire evening making this little teddy bear. I had to rush making the card itself before I could pack and send so that it reaches on time.


Thanks for stopping by,
Have a great day.


16 comments:

Sathya said...

Lovely quilling and composition as always!!! Ya wish to see more fringing in future!! Really love the thought of mom...gifting ur card as inspiration...with a quilling kit...
lucky kid :)

Aparna said...

You are an inspiration for many out there trying hands on quilling..I m one of them....you have magical hands...thanks for sharing your work...

ManuK said...

The card is very beautiful and the teddy has to be one of the cutest I've seen quilled so far! As for your fringing capabilities, there is no need to improve them. You are already a master!

Love,
Manu

Prachee said...

Lovely card ma'am...teddy bear looks so cute...

Eliza Art said...

Beautiful work. Regards

Helen said...

the teddy bear is adorable! and the card is fantastic!

Radhika said...

Its so Beautiful :) teddy is adorable..

Unknown said...

Cute!!!

Ann Martin said...

How lucky is the young girl to receive one of your designs as inspiration! Her mom had the right idea contacting you, Suganthi. The card is terrific.

Unknown said...

That's great !
I invite to me :)))
http://adtadtadta.blogspot.com/

AV Visuals said...

Hey u got some wonderful creations.. artistic! visit my quilling site as well.. your feedback is welcome.. www.av-visuals.com

Nati said...

lovely!!!

ileana-carmen said...

Very beautiful project.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Perfect as always!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Helfoo said...

Very nice post :)

Unknown said...

Très joli j'adore .un petit tuto serait super .merci